Monday, October 27, 2008

Classes that put a smile on your face

My Spanish I kids are amazing this year. They work hard. They ask the best questions that truly show they are thinking. I often hear them practicing Spanish in the halls. The work they do is quality. They are just fun. They are what make my day almost every day.

And then on top of it I got to teach one of my favorite lessons today (conjugating verbs). So that class was just fun today.

I have learned this year that it is so important to sit back and just smile on a regular basis. My first hour class was slowly getting started this morning and one girl says "We should have a half day on Wednesday" (we have Thur and Fri off already this week for teacher convention). And so I just chuckled and said "Why don't we take the whole week off?" It was a very light hearted way to start the day. A way to connect with the kids and start the way in a positive mood. One kid then responded with a smile "We'll go talk to Mr. Principal and tell him it was your idea."

No comments: