Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Things are coming along

Now that I am in town I have had a chance to visit school, get more resources and figure out a few things. I feel a lot more comfortable about my Advanced Spanish curriculum and spent some time on my 8th Grade Exploratory curriculum. And today I spent some time putting together my website (which I have linked above). I have my syllabuses put together along with some of my first projects which I have posted there. Hopefully tomorrow, my school can post my website to their webpage.

I only have 7 students at this point in my Advanced Spanish class (and 9-12 in my other classes) and am so excited about how much I can do with my classes. My goal is to assign a short writing assignment and a speaking assessment (using Gcast) weekly to my Advanced Spanish class and giving the students some good feedback so that we can track the improvements. With this few students, I can really tailor the focus for each student.

I also plan to have all of my high school students keep a portfolio of writing assessments and feedback and speaking assessments. With such small classes we can do so much more!

2 comments:

La Mariposa said...

Glad to see things are coming along well. My students are doing portfolios this year. Let me know if you want to collaborate a little while getting everything together. I have started setting up my handout. Maybe you can offer some suggestions.

Kristen
http://www.aplausos.us

Rebecca said...

I would love to see what you are doing. I don't plan to do anything formal with portfolios this year but instead to use it as a way to keep all work together and hopefully use it to reflect and focus future assignments.

One thing that I would like my advanced students to do at some point is create their own rubrics for certain projects where they look through previous work and pick out specific things they are going to work on.